Warblings

My photo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Widowed 2009. Have the love of my family and close friends to buoy me when needed. Planning to re-join the work force this year. Hopefully my sister will be visiting from UK with her husband for a holiday - I love my family! Would love to re-visit Scotland some time soon.

October 23, 2010

Keeping a promise

Dear Blog,
A promise is a promise after all and I did say I wouldn’t stay away so long any more.
I have news: I’m going to England for Christmas this year. It was a sudden decision really and after my boss giving me the time off that I need it’s now all booked and in 8 weeks time I’ll be UP, UP and Away!
My English family are so happy and my dear little great-nephew Ben is thrilled as I will be there for his 5th birthday – and talking to his Nanna his instructions were – and I quote: “
Tell Aunty Bonnie to be here for my birthday so she can have some of my cake” How could anyway refuse such an offer. I haven’t seen this little boy for over a year and he speaks of me as it was yesterday. Cannot wait to see him or little Sophie who is 3 now and quite the little dancer and performer I believe.
My sister, Wendy is taking extra holiday to spend each day together. We are all, as a family, going for a Christmas Lunch so no one is cooking (which suits both my sister and myself) or washing up (which suits my brother in law) :). New Year will be an event too as we are travelling into Gloucestershire and staying overnight. I reckon my sister and I will have a couple of wines together that night.
Two weeks is all I have and will be here and gone in no time but I fully intend to make the most of every day of my time there.
More will be revealed in 2011

No comments: