Warblings

My photo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Widowed 2009. Have the love of my family and close friends to buoy me when needed. Planning to re-join the work force this year. Hopefully my sister will be visiting from UK with her husband for a holiday - I love my family! Would love to re-visit Scotland some time soon.

October 23, 2010

Wedding News

Just 2 short weeks to go before my only child, my son Steven marries his Rachael. A beach wedding being held on the Island where they live in Moreton Bay.
They have worked so hard to make this happen. Everything is falling into place and the only element we have no control over of course is the weather! However, as a plan B is also part of the contingency plan we won’t worry about that.
Beautiful Bali Flags and colourful clothes for all are the order of the day and from what I know of the service that Steve and Rachey have put together, it will be wonderful.
One of the highlights of course is that my Niece Amanda and husband Simon will be here from England to share in their special day. Like myself have only 2 weeks to fit so much into the time they have.
After the wedding, the 3 of us will be going on a mini-break so they can also experience Fraser Island a not–to-be-missed place for any holiday itinerary – wouldn’t you say?
I feel so strongly about this that I’m going to drive them to Hervey Bay myself, make them stay there for 3 days just to make sure they get on the boat – the sacrifices I make for those I love  ha ha!
However, I digress ( I will write about their experiences at a later date).  2 weeks to go until my boy is a married man. His responsibilities won’t change, he won’t love Rachey any more than he does now as he loves her so much already. His relationship with me won’t change, so what will do you think?
I shall have a new daughter! This lovely girl whom I have grown to love so much will be a permanent member of my family and we shall share the same surname.
I shall add photos of course after the event. Now all I have to do is write my speech as in the absence of Steve’s Dad I’d better make it a good one.  I’m planning on a 2-tissue epic!

1 comment:

Delia McNicol said...

I am sure that your speech will be beautiful Just like you. Do not worry all will be there to support you, physically emotionally and spiritually. Strength will come,... that speech may not need tissues. Oh who am I kidding!!! I send you some mettle to at least get you most of the way through. Enjoy the fabulous day, photo's galore please. Love as always xxx